Sunday, April 1, 2012

C4T Summary #3

The Spicy Learning Blog
Spicy Learning Blog


This week I was assigned to comment on The Spicy Learning Blog by Royan Lee. The first post I commented on is entitled Join us at #Nxnei. It is a flyer and information about an upcoming convention in June about technology, media, and the new trends in society. The main goal of this convention is to bring together educators and discuss the use of social media and online tools in school. Although this was simply a flyer, there were a lot of good details that I was able to capture that I included in my comment. One idea was that students these days are digital learners. They now have the capability to use such small powerful tools like cellphones and iPads in order to quickly find answers and even work collaboratively with other students.
The second post I commented on Mike Stories. In the post, Lee explains how his family uses "stream-of-consciousness" oral stories to help console his son from time to time. Mike Stories are a series of stories about his son whose name is not in fact Mike. The call the character Mike in order to help keep the illusion and in order to boost creativity from his son. In my comment, I applauded Lee for this idea. Lee said that he has seen an improvement in his kids vocabulary, understanding in narrative, and oral speaking skills. I added that this tool could also be effective in boosting creativity and imagination. This could be very useful in the classroom and getting students excited about learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment