Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Post #12

Math App



Earlier in this semester we were assigned to look for an iPad app that would could use to help students with reading. An assignment I would have assigned is similar to that particular assignment. However, instead of find a reading app, I think that we should look for an app that fits our particular teaching field, (i.e. elementary education, English, Math, etc.) The steps would be as followed.
1) Go to the Apple in Education webpage.
2) Find an app that can be used in your expected field of teaching.
3) Write a brief summary on how you can use this app in your very own classroom.

An app I found that could be useful in my classroom is called Algebra Touch. This app allows students to learn how to perform algebra equations in an interactive way. It also gives step by step instructions in how to solve each equation. This way it will be easier to learn how to do simple equations an also learn independently. This method would also show that technology can be integrated into the class room without being harmful. This would actually help students.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Patrick,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post, just don't forget to proofread.

    The application that you chose to write about seems very interesting. I know I would have been more eager to learn algebra if I were able to use an application like that. Do you know what the highest level of math that can be performed in Touch Algebra is?

    Best,
    Eleanor Pomerat

    ReplyDelete