Sunday, April 29, 2012

C4T #4

Hooking Them In Is An Art Form
This past two weeks, I was assigned to follow the blog of Heidi Siwak and comment on some of her post. The first post is entitled Hooking Them In Is An Art Form. In the post, she talks about how that week her students were studying the history of New France. Needless to say, the students were not very interested in the assignment. So instead of talking about that assignment she moved a forward and talked about the 1970s and the October Crisis. After switching to the new topic, the students were a lot more interested in this new topic. In my comment, I told her that I definitely agree what she was saying. Students really do have to be into their topics in order to really want to learn. It helps them learn easier and be more intuitive in their assignments.

The second post I commented on is Goodbye Mike Harris!. It was a basically Heidi Siwak describing her trip to the Ontario Public Supervisory Official's Association. She took 4 students to present in the conference. It seemed like a very informative trip for educators. In my comment, I told her that it appears this conference is a very good place to go for educators to get views and other insight from other educators.

No comments:

Post a Comment