Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blog Post #13

Engage in E-Media Fast
Iphone 4s


For this assignment, we were assigned to go for 24 consecutive hours without using any type of electronic device.. We were not allowed to use cell phones, watch tv, or any electronic device that utilizes electricity or batteries as a power source. Needless to say this was a very hard task. I failed miserably. Without using these electronic devices, minutes felt like hours and hours felt like days. After three attempts, I went about 6 hours before I finally caved into the compelling need to use my cellphone. For those hours I was in complete and total misery. It also didn't help that my phone was over filling with text messages and "tweets" from Twitter. I would have turned it off completely but I left it on in the case of an emergency. Also, seeing my friends using their devices and checking Facebook was simply torture. Finally, my greatest enemy for this assignment was the television. It was painful having to sit there and just stare at my blank TV screen all day. It was as if I was staring into this deep dark abyss of nothingness. I cannot even explain the horrible feeling. From this assignment I learned that I rely a lot on technology usage. It consumes a huge majority of my day and it is a very important factor. I would imagine that the students in my future classroom will have this same feeling. Especially when it comes to sending text messages during class time. I expect this will be very troublesome to deal with. However, being able to understand how the students feel may make it a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment